We are the Quarter Sawn Oak Company, a family run saw mill based in Edale in the heart of the Peak District supplying rough sawn (R/S) or Planed All Round (PAR) oak boards machined to your specification. Originally set up and still run by Austin Neves, a time served master cabinet maker, in order to supply his workshop with the highest quality oak.
Here at the Quartersawn Oak company we have NO minimum order.
Due to past experiences we don’t supply flooring or timber for flooring.
There are 3 ways to buy timber from us;
- Waney Edge- these are boards straight out of the stack with sapwood and waste still attached, priced at £55.56 per cubic foot (5/8″ and 1″). Collection is preferred if you would like to select your own boards, otherwise we will happily select boards out to your requirements and organise delivery, please call or email to arrange this.
- Rough Sawn Cut To Size (R/S)- boards are square edged with the sap and waste removed ready to be planned and thicknessed.
- Planned All Round (PAR)- fully planned and thicknessed to your required specification.
We focus on milling 1″ (~25mm) and 5/8″ (~15mm) thick quarter sawn oak boards. We can also supply 2″ (~50mm) and greater thicknesses of plain sawn oak (often called ‘crown cut’ or ‘through and through’). We supply rough sawn oak and PAR machined from these thicknesses.
We supply our oak boards to a wide range of businesses and individuals where applications vary from:
- Architectural installations such as cladding or panelling.
- Restoration projects where traditional oak boards may be required.
- Interior designers.
- Boat makers.
All timber is machined to order. We welcome visitors to the workshop to chat about your project although we can often be out, please call on 01433 670213 or email if you would like to make an appointment.